Our History, Values & Mission
Ace Rental Cars is an established deep-value car rental company with a history spanning back 30 years. Founded in 1987 in Auckland, New Zealand as Ace Tourist Rentals (NZ) Ltd. by John Chatterley and Warrick Purdie, Ace identified the consumer need for an alternative to the high-priced multi-national car rental brands to serve the budget car hire domestic and inbound travel market. The initial fleet comprised of just two second-hand Toyota's.
By the late 90’s with a growing fleet an opportunity for expansion, John’s son Michael purchased a major shareholding and Ace extended its branches to cover Auckland City, Auckland Airport, Wellington, Picton, Christchurch Airport, and Queenstown. The network later expanded to include broker offices to service Dunedin.
In 2003 Ace seized the opportunity to expand operations in car hire to Australia, opening a branch in Sandgate, Brisbane, strategically positioned halfway between the CBD and the Airport. With 50% of travellers into Brisbane International airport arriving from New Zealand, the brand was well received and a satellite branch was added to service the Gold Coast Airport.
In 2011 Hertz International purchased Ace as a wholly-owned subsidiary, providing the parent company a new brand in Australia and New Zealand for the off-airport car hire market and ensuring the vision of ongoing growth for the brand.
Ace Rental Cars now operate sixteen branches across fifteen cities throughout Australia and New Zealand. In addition to the core fleet of older vehicles, the company also provide a Premium fleet, featuring brand new rental cars with creature comforts such as Bluetooth and Cruise Control at an attractive price, as Ace sticks to its mission of providing the best value in car hire in Australia and New Zealand
Ace Rental Car Values
To provide customers with a "why would you go anywhere else" proposition for rental cars in New Zealand and Australia
Ace Rental Cars is Committed to being the market leader for the supply of affordable, modern rental vehicles in New Zealand and Australia We will provide exceptional customer experiences and financial benefit by placing a relentless focus on simplicity
Rent The Experience
A car’s a car. A moving metallic shell capable of travelling at relatively high speeds from one point to another, safely harbouring people and said people’s material goods en route. It’s a means of getting from A to B, a functional requirement, a literal vehicle to something much bigger. An experience.
An experience is something that helps to deﬁne us, that inspires us, that makes us more alive, more human. It’s a breath of mountain fresh air. The feel of a wind on our face. The ﬁltered orange glow of a breaking dawn. The pulse-racing rush of adrenaline, the quivering anticipation of a journey unknown.
An experience is something that validates our sense of who we are. It becomes weaved into the fabric of our existence. It can be brought to mind on a whim to help us escape to a better time. It lives on in us. Forever.
Ace Rentals Cars. Rent the experience.
Ace Rental Cars Airport Shuttle
Ace Rental Cars offers a complimentary pick-up and drop-off service to selected branches for customers who are collecting or returning there car rental, Our shuttle operates to selected airport domestic & airport international terminals and selected airport accommodation as well as selected city locations.
All Ace Australia car hires include…
- Unlimited KMs (Excluding rentals from Darwin)
- 24/7 mechanical assistance
- FREE booking amendments
- Quick & easy online booking
- Complimentary shuttle pick-up from airport locations
- Locations Across New Zealand & Australia
- Open 7 Days a week
- Call centre
- After hours support
- Free basic car insurance
- Late model and brand new vehicles
- Free additional drivers with Ace Plus insurance cover
- No hidden costs
How are Ace’s rental cars so affordable?
- We operate a simple but large fleet of vehicles aged brand new to a few years old.
- Our branches are outside of airport terminals with a complimentary customer shuttle
- We do everything we can to keep our costs down
We save money & we pass on the savings to you! Book now & save.
What kind of cars an I rent from Ace in Australia?
- Super Saver – a mix of makes and models. These cars are 10+ years old and/or 180K to 220 KMs. They’re well maintained and if you are on a tight budget and looking for a cheap rental car they are the perfect choice
- Regular Categories – our great value options: hatchbacks, sedans, station wagons, SUVs
- Premium Categories – near new fleet with features such as Bluetooth, Cruise Control, etc.
- Sleeper Saver – our value-priced camper / sleeper / touring van solution featuring wide and comfy sleeping berths
I need a rental car in Australia. How do I get the best price on my car hire?
- Look at our deals page for current promo codes and special offers on rental cars
- Try to travel and book during non-peak periods
- Book in advance
Where can I hire a car with Ace in New Zealand and Australia?
- We have full-service branches in Auckland City, Auckland Airport, Wellington Airport, Christchurch Airport, Queenstown Airport, and Picton Interislander Ferry Terminal. You can also rent a car from our partner office in Dunedin Airport.
- Rent a car with us in Australia in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns Airport, Cairns CBD, Gold Coast, Melbourne, Sydney and Perth.